I attended my VERY FIRST NEW YORK FASHION WEEK this past week and it was everything I thought it would be and so much more. It was a star-studded and fashion filled long weekend. Below I am going to share my 5 tips for anyone and everyone going to their next New York Fashion Week. I will also talk about what shows I went to and my favorite moments!
To start it off here is a little video I made! I have never really made videos or edited anything before so this was just for fun 🙂
There were so many memorable moments that happened this past weekend. Let’s start with the shows I saw…
- Betsey Johnson
- Tracy Reese
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Mara Hoffman
- Kate Spade Presentation
- BCBG After Party
All of these shows were so amazing and each had such a different vibe to them. When the lights go off EVERYONE puts up their phones to snapchat, take videos, and photos galore. Everyone watches the show through their lens which I think is cool but also kind of sad. I did snapchat a lot but also tried to watch the show without a camera in my face for some of the time. I don’t think I had a favorite show. They all had something that I will be raving about for forever! The other thing that is interesting is that fashion shows DO NOT start on time and they are over so fast!! They last about 7 minutes max!
The other cool part about fashion week is all of the celebrities and super models! I saw…
- Tyra Banks
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Victoria Justice
- Gigi Hadid
- Bella Hadid
- Maddie from Dance Moms
- Marnie the Dog
- EJ from Rich Kids of Beverly Hills and his sister
- So many famous bloggers that I follow on Insta but got to meet in real life which was cool
5 tips for people attending their next NYFW:
- BRING MULTIPLE BACKUP CHARGERS: Seriously guys, my next NYFW I will have at least 5 backup chargers with me! No joke. With all the snapping and instagramming the battery on your phone goes SO.FAST.
- BRING FOOD: Finding the time to eat in NYC was practically impossible. I was eating once a day if I could find the time! Bring little bars and bags of yummy but healthy food that will keep you energized for the long day ahead!
- BRING WATER: Since I couldn’t find the time to eat I at least tried to bring water with me. Water helped me so much especially since I am prone to fainting!
- EXTRA LIPS TO REAPPLY: ALWAYS bring extra lips wherever you go but ESPECIALLY at fashion week! You don’t wanna be caught without bright lips!
- BE PREPARED TO BE LATE: It’s NYC. There is going to be traffic and nothing runs smoothly. Always leave earlier than you think so you arrive in plenty of time.
Before the shows at Fashion Week the outsides are FILLED with paparazzi. They are looking for people wearing the best street style as well as celebrities and famous bloggers. It was one of my favorite parts actually to see the photographers go crazy over the fashion!
Be sure to check out my Instagram for a peak at the outfits I wore! It was such an amazing experience and I cannot wait to go again very soon!